“VERONA TESSILE – the silk roads meet in Verona”
This is the title of the first edition of Verona Tessile, which takes place in the historic city center of Verona from March 8th to March 13th, 2011. The festival is organised by the Ad Maiora Association, in collaboration with the Municipality of Verona, the help of Quilt Italia, Italian patchwork association, and the contribution of Banca Popolare di Verona and many other sponsors.
This original artistic project is hosted for the first time in Verona, the town of the Scaligeri which was once the crossroads of the production and dyeing of silk.
The highest point of the festival is the international contest “The silk roads meet in Verona” with the exhibition of patchwork and quilting artworks of high technical level at Galleria d’Arte Moderna Palazzo Forti. There, you can also visit the international exhibition “Afghanistan Inspiration” and the textile art exhibition of European female artists “Color Improvvisations”.
Loggia “Barbaro” – Cortile del Tribunale
- Contemporary textile art exhibition of some members of the Ad Maiora Association
- Exhibition of masterpieces of the members of the national association Quilt Italia
Ex church of San Giorgetto
- Exhibit of artworks of the members of the Ad Maiora Association in partnership with Rossano Calabro’s Associazione patchwork Cuci… verba (CS)
Promoteca and Reading Room of Biblioteca Civica
- Exhibition of members of some patchwork association from Triveneto
- Exhibition of textile artworks made by middle school students from Verona and display of the tapestry “We are” from Canada
- Exhibition of tapestries, artworks in silk and textile art by Italian and international artists
Tornacoro della Cattedrale – Cathedral of Verona
- Exhibit of artistic religious cloths
Private exhibition spaces in the city center
- Other exhibits by international textile artists
Sala “Camino” – Juliet’s House
- Textile art workshop: each visitor can contribute to the creation of “Coperta di Giulietta”, sewing a piece of the bed spread, using fabric and tools that we provide.
Along with the exhibits, there will be conferences on embroidery, silk and textile art in general.